View Single Post
Old 29-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #1100
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Major Ford announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by I6DOHC View Post

...This is in government fleets as well. Why not a falcon ute? As many others have said, there are plenty of hyundai, kia's puttering about in goverment fleets. I've seen police based mitsubishi lancers and other 4 cylinder vehicles. Why not ecoboost or ecoLPi? Given these are purchases made by our governments (our employees), and hearing the rhetoric preached by the so called 'leaders' of both parties in the wake of the 23rd May, this should be an easy fix. Think about it, add another 10,000 or up to 20,000 base fleet purchases a year onto the current volume...
Your forgetting one thing, people need to drive those Government vehicles and for the same reason the wider community isnt buying them still applies. I cannot get my Falcon into our driveway for its large turning circle and small lane access, it lives invariably 1,2, or 3 streets away depending on where I can get a carpark most people don't like this and many have similar constraints, just another of the reasons for dwindling sales.
Plus Government gave lots of money to help develop a local manufactured ford that met their fleet requirements and Ford still didn't manage to meet that criteria, remember the furor a few months ago on these very Australian Falcon Forum pages...
JP