View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #27
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Perspective on States and fine revenue.

It is not just about contributing or not contributing, it is about getting value for money with the current safety rhetoric, as i have said before in previous posts, pinging someone with a camera be it hidden or not for having a momentary lapse of concentration from a murderous 4 or 5 k's over the limit(that's sarcasm) while actually driving in a safe manner probably doesn't do a whole lot for these drivers except make them more speedo paranoid ,and in some cases worse drivers.

Yet the real ratbags /career speeders that know where the cameras are and do drive like ratbags are not getting pinged..................... because of the mentality that camera's will fix every thing we need less police on the road and more camera's(ie, more revenue).
I can speak a bit from experience here , because as my step father would put it, i was a "tear ***" as young bloke.
I did a run to Bachus marsh yesterday from Melbourne north, for those not familiar it is a fairly short run from my home in busy suburbia northern Melbourne via a bit of suburbia freeway, then out then out on a pretty decent highway/freeway then on a short stint single lane lane road to a country town, probably a bit less than an hours trip , i did not see many police, did not see many drivers exceeding the speed limit by much,

but i was positively frightened at times, (trying to find the right word), "mortified" by the actions of a lot of drivers that did stuff in among st traffic that even as a young "tear ***" i would never have done,

in parts of Melbourne it was like i was driving in a foreign country where you expect drivers to cut across 3 or 4 lanes of traffic abruptly often with out indicating and on the knives edge of causing accidents,
seriously how on gods green earth is a camera or a bigger fine going to help these people?

i might add also there was the usual dudes sitting in the fast lane frustrating ly sitting 5 or 10 k's below the limit, creating havoc as other drivers with a time table where trying to get around them,
again how is having bigger fines for people making the odd mistake by drifting over the limit, or even just cruising a tad over the limit in safe manner going to stop the career erratic buggers out there or the the people that just have bad road skills??

how is having LESS police on the road showing a presence................ actually pulling people up in real time when they show poor driving skills going to correct these drivers lack of road skills/attitude?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: