View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 10:13 PM   #86
msford

Default Re: ****Tyres**** who runs what

I went with the Bridgestone RE050As again as I needed a new set for an interstate trip in two days time and my rear tyres were a bit on the low side to take the risk of going that far and back (approx 2500kms return) with them. If I didn't have that trip and was just driving around locally I would've run them another 1000-2000kms.

I tried to get the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 but no-one near me had the 45 profiles in stock (unsurprising) and, unfortunately, I didn't have the luxury of waiting. As it was, only the Bridgestone Tyre Centre had the RE050As in 45 profile in stock so it was very fortunate they had the buy 3 get 4th tyre free promo as it worked out cheaper than the Michelins this time around. Michelin need a better promo for these higher priced tyres than a $100 fuel card, imo.

The Bridgestone dealer also said the RE002 and S001 are yet to be made available in 45 profile but they are expected to, especially as the S001 is supposed to be the replacement for the RE050As.

The consensus opinion amongst the tyre dealers I went to was that getting upwards of 20,000kms out of these tyres in a Mondeo like mine is about what is expected for a mix of suburban and highway driving. No-one suggested or implied I'd get over 30,000kms and some implied I might not get even 20,000 kms if I drove aggressively and mostly in city traffic.

Thanks for all the help. I hope some of my info helps others.
msford is offline   Reply With Quote