View Single Post
Old 25-09-2014, 05:30 AM   #13
AAXR8

Thumbs up Re: Need tips and help for a beginner going down the straight for the first few times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black F6
Calder is very busy, lucky to get 4 runs, check the websites for track times and days, you just pay as you race, not sure how much it is down there, WSID is $55
Calder is also a much better track
I checked in to Heathcote just then and its $60 for Driver & Car + $20 per person. Where is WSID??
Calder I is $65 + $25 per person. Thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsonian101
You definitely don't want 20's on the back. As suggested 17's are a good starting point. 275 40 17" tyre at around 20psi.

You want a high profile so the tyre can squat down when loading the drivetrain prior to launch. This is very important.
Keep the high, soft rear springs/shocks in too. Another trick is disconnecting the right front sway bar link.

Thanks, Did you mean keep the standard standard Rear suspension because the car has ben fitted with Pedders XA Adjustable Coilovers all around. So if I set the rear to super soft and the fronts to firm I should be ok? Do I still run the front psi firm or 20 also?

I used the Toyo TQ drag radials recently at the Nulon nationals last weekend, and they hooked up quite well.
Cool, How did you go?

I live 2 hours from Melb and Heathcote so traveling time is the same.
But cheers guys!
Anyone know of a good priced set of BA-BF XR 17's rims and tyres for sale?
Or can i use FG Rims also?
Cheers
, SCT FLASH TUNED, COLD AIR INTAKE WITH K&N HI FLOW POD FILTER , 4:11 DIFF, HERROD THROTTLE BODY. PEDDERS XTREME-XA COILOVERS
!!
247 RWKW

03 BA XR8 UTE WHITE IN COLOR!

AAXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote