View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 05:13 PM   #28
bobthebilda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: $23 deleivered car stereo from china - Am I missing something

I import a container a month from china, sell the products for half the price that major retailers sell them for, and there is absolutely no difference in the quality of the products.

One thing to be a little careful of, is chinese made no name electrical products. Most brands do import alot of electrical/electronic stuff from china, but the ones that have lasted the test of time, ensure products are built to a certain standard. No brand factories pumping stuff out of china work on the basis that they are somewhat shielded by warranty issues ( after all, how hard are you going to press a chinese supplier if they sell you a $50 part, and it craps itself after a few months). Then there are two types of retailers that sell the cheaper stuff, ie the kmarts etc, that have the muscle to to get every cent back that they have to refund to you for a warranty return, or a smaller retailer, that has a pretty decent markup that they can afford a 10 tp 15% reject rate (even if supplier doesnt play ball). You can be sure that the next time you spend $500 on something electrical, it cost $30 to get it here, the retailer paid $100 for it, and the retailer chews thru $320 of that paying rent, salaries, gst, etc etc. If they are lucky, 10% may dribble down to the profit.

The largest impost to people paying 50% less than what they see in the shops, is the minimum order quantities from the chinese suppliers. I could give everyone here a 52 inch LCD tv for under $200 etc, but unless I had 400 potential customers, I wouldnt import a container load.
bobthebilda is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: