View Single Post
Old 19-02-2015, 09:28 PM   #17
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: Dear Tooth Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260 View Post
Yep, same here. Have used those PNP videos for years. Still remember the look on their face the first year I did it, just priceless. The youngest one (9 years) sometimes doubts Santa, Easter Bunny etc, but we always tell her "If you don't believe you won't receive " and she is good.
The eldest (11 years) busted us last year for Easter. 5am and I am outside placing the easter eggs, footprints etc. Told the wife, "stand guard of the kids". She was too busy watching me out the window to realise my eldest was standing right beside her. The kid was devastated to say the least.... tears and all. She had doubted us for a while as the kids at school talked about Santa, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy not being real.

When I got sprung by Emily, then aged 8, I told her that the Easter bunny didn't have time to hide eggs in everyones house otherwise it'd take him 2 months to do everyone, so he got the parents to help hide the eggs for him.
When she countered with, "but Santa gets all the presents delivered on time", I told her," Yes, but Santa just has to dump the presents and go, he can be done in a minute. The Easter Bunny would have to spend an hour at each house ,IN THE DARK, trying to find places to hide all the eggs so it would take him 60 nights to do it all instead of 1. Once I walked her through the maths, she was satisfied.... Disaster averted.

When she started questioning if Santa was real I fell back on the animated movie Rise Of The Guardians. The premise of which is 'If the kids don't believe, the heroes fade away'; that being Santa, easter bunny Jack Frost, etc.
My argument went something like, "Where do you think they get the ideas from for these types of movies?", "It really works that way, you need to believe for them to be real"........ She eyed me suspiciously for a few seconds then seemed satisfied....... for now, haha.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: