View Single Post
Old 25-04-2015, 03:11 AM   #18
CQB-241
Car tragic

Default Re: John Hughes - Car Dealer Perth Good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nt0351 View Post
.....I tried to buy a G6ET from him back in 09 ,they had just got the car at a Ford dealers auction here in Sydney and had to ship it over to Perth,..the deal was done in an hour (meaning they were saving the shipping costs )...initially the sales guy made all the right noises & price was negotiated down to been half ok,.. I don't recall his name ,he was brilliant to deal with ,however John Hughes's *** ** ******* son then gets involved in the financing side of things and tries his best to recoup the negotiated discount,.. I churn the figures over in my head and tell him it wasn't happening ,I will finance the car myself, they then reneg on the deal , so I buy one locally the next day ,. the son then turns nasty and refuses to refund deposit and wants to hit me up for 5%.
his father John Hughes saw sense in the end and saved himself the embarrassment, but initially he took the hard line defending his ***** of a son, thinking Id buckle....
Can understand your frustration if you had that experience. Does sound like the boss ultimately defused the situation. My dealings with them over the last 13 years as a private seller (4 cars) have been excellent and I know several others with similar experiences. My first experience as a buyer (FGX XR8) resulted in a fair deal, met the man himself who congratulated me getting the first FGX they sold and first-rate communication from the sales staff ever since.
CQB-241 is offline   Reply With Quote