View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 11:34 AM   #74
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Default Re: Countdown to the Falcons emotional end, share your feelings here

It's the people that made the cars. There was a passion when we were kids in the 70's and 80's that aspired us to buy and build and modify these great cars. As the passion waned , so did the cars , the kids of yesteryear hanging onto ideals and rusty visions whilst the kids of today move on to less emotive and disposable and short lived brands.
Is the falcon dead.....no, it's still in my garage and proudly wears a GT and FPV badge.
It's the passion , integrity and simplicity of a basic idea that's dead and a kids drive for the tribal following of his mums and dads "supercar" in the garage that no longer exists en masse.
Building a car is easy, building a dedicated following is hard , rebuilding a cult following is impossible...... What we had was unique and special , paradise lost as Spencer put it in his epic poem.
What I've learnt over time is that things have a tendency to be regurgitated , fashion proves this time and time again. So whilst falcon in its current guise is on the respirator and the plug about to be pulled, in a time far from now , falcon may be revived but not as we know it.
A hybrid , hydrogen / electrically powered , iPad controlled GPS driven , solar powered back up , magnetically propelled and grid integrated supercar of the year 2150 is imminent..... Lol. And maybe , just maybe it will wear a GT badge once again.

As a kid I used to think that no one would ever make a movie like Star Wars ever , ever , ever , ever again...................

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
9 users like this post: