View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 01:39 PM   #1528
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Looking at dropping a few more kg's before the end of the year, but very time poor at the moment and equipment poor with most of my gym equipment stored away and closest gym being 180km return trip.

At this time I also have too many other commitments to allocate a lot of time to training. I do realise that eating well does not take any longer, but I also want to train and maintain muscle mass, as I don't want to end up being weak due to not maintaining muscle and strength.

So have decided to do the following till I get my gym build.

Basic weight workout full body routine 3 times a week (Mon/Wed/Fri), workout takes about 30-45 minutes three time a week, and is done at home using a basic bench and a squat rack.

On Tue and Thur will be doing various functional conditioning sessions, using various props and exercises, ranging from farmers walks, sprint sessions, rower, cycling, sand bag carries, etc etc. for 15-30 minutes.

So I did some 'Sand Bag Carries' the other day using these:

20kg and 25kg, not a bad weight, was doing 50 metre carries with short rest breaks between carries, repeated till I was exhausted, great way for some conditioning and functional strength training. I felt every muscle fibre in my body the following few days.

Will see how that goes, diet consists of eating wholesome foods and minimising processed take away type stuff.

As time goes along I will probably drop the carbs slowly.

As I mentioned somewhere before we need protein and fat, we don't need carbs.

So planning to eat my fill of protein and fats and then carbs are there for entertainment purposes only

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote