View Single Post
Old 25-09-2016, 02:36 PM   #352
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
G'day...On birds...Why is it that the local bird population , one or two who have infiltrated my roof despite my best efforts decide to leave substantial deposits on the Bank of FG XR6 every morning when I leave it out , yet if the rival Bank of AU ll is left there it's rare. Strange but true..

Do I interpret that as the AU is not worth crapping on or they think the FG's are just crap in comparison or is it birds talking to a big bird...
On Americanisms..Has 'hood' , trunk , fender , gas/ gas cap , windshield , motor instead of engine or 'donk'. and as already said , tyres spelled tires etc really started to take over yet or is it likely to ? Anyone say 'railroad crossing' or railroad ties instead of railway crossing and railway sleepers..

Then there's Pommy stuff like 'silencer' for muffler and does anybody say Lorry instead of truck.. Ton's of things like that.
Any one get bugged by ' ATM machine , tunafish sandwich , cash money,racecar, staightaway, etc coming from Stateside perchance. Imagine something like this..." Why , I need to go to the ATM Machine over there a ways past them pile of ties near the railroad crossing to to get out some cash money to buy a tunafish sandwich to eat when I go to watch the racecars come down the straightaway "..
Good ol' Septic Tanks .Defenders of the free world , maybe, just not the English language necessarily..
Cheers Rod..

They thing I don't get is that an American can say any of those things to us and we will understand. Yet I said the ute needs a new windscreen the other day and I had to point to what I was talking about.

I'm going to blame the amount of American tv we get.
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: