Thread: Buying a Capri
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 03:28 PM   #4
xax2

Default Re: Buying a Capri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capriman View Post
I'm old school Capri's however I've always been advised by knowledgable Convertible owners only to look at the 1991 models onwards. There were too many little things wrong with the original SA and SB (update) models. Go for the SC or SE models. Contact the local Capri Club for more info.
Don't completely discount the early convertibles. I've got 2 of them. One was my fathers that he purchased Brand New and was the first one delivered to the Ford Dealer in Lilydale (so a very early build). It has been a great little car with nothing going wrong at all. It's a turbo and great to drive.
The other I purchased as a second car to leave at the holiday house. Great fun down the coast in summer.
These models did get a bad wrap in the first few years and I'm sure there were some individual examples that were not great, but that doesn't apply to all. They are relatively simple to fix, inexpensive to run and great value for money to buy. Talk to a few people that have actually got them and most are happy.
xax2 is offline   Reply With Quote