View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 08:05 AM   #5704
Ansimp

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonysford View Post
Hi

My name is Tony and I would like to introduce my self and hope I might be able find a solution to my problem.

Currently I don't own a Ford but in the past I did once own a Ford Laser back in the days when AC and power steering were options. It was a brilliant car and would run on the sniff of an oily rag. There were numerous trips down to the snowy mountains - the hatchback was great to throw my ski gear in the back.

My problem is that my partner owns a Ford Fiesta LX Hatchback 2008 Model (5 Door) WQ series / 1.6L In the last few months we have now noticed we can hear the sound of sloshing water coming from the dash area. At this stage there does not appear to be any water leaking inside the vehicle and the sound can be heard most of the time once we are moving (it does not seem related to whether we travelling forward or around a corner)

Could anyone offer any ideas and the possible expected work and cost to fix this issue. We have contacted Ford Australia but they seem want us to book it in for a service. We are not sure what the cost would be to fix the issue and a little unsure to venture with then in case it becomes a exorbitant outlay.
Sounds like there is air in the cooling/radiator system.
Ansimp is offline   Reply With Quote