View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 01:24 PM   #131
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

The ACM (radio/amp part) needs recoding. Forscan will do it, but you need an OBDII device with the high-speed and medium-speed switch - specific for Fords. I got one from ebay quite cheaply. Forscan needs a license too, but you can get a two month free trial pretty easily.

Initially, I just disassembled the ICC I had bought and swapped the LCD over - no problems with my own radio and the new screen. Then I put the ICC with my old screen and the new ACM in.. "Radio Code Error" showed up and I used Forscan to "recalibrate" it. Fixed.

Every time you reconnect power to the unit you will get the error while on accessories. You need to turn the key to ignition and the code error goes away once Forscan has programmed it correctly. It remains properly paired until it's unplugged from the battery again.

I'm skeptical it's not fixable. For starters, you've connected up a 9v battery and got the screen to light up. That's not the screen which is broken, it's the circuit powering it which is what we are trying to repair here.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: