View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 11:18 AM   #68
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: V8 ranger raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistlr View Post
It's funny how one door closes and another opens

Something makes me think Ford Au are doing this because we're not getting Bronco.

(What would people prefer, a V8 Ranger Raptor, or an Ecoboost Bronco? Too many "bad boys" within the Bankstown region would flock to the former simply because it's loud and looks great)

I too would have laughed if I'm being honest. I didn't think it was possible, because firstly it seemed like everything was dictated by HQ who were like the fun police, and secondly, when they decided to give the Raptor an line 4 I thought it was because the bay wasn't designed to take a V. As it turns out it was just a huge screw up not to offer the Powerstroke 3.0. This is redemption.

But then there's the price. If adding a blower and suspension bits to a Mustang increases the price by $40k...what does a whole engine transplant cost? As great as it may sound the content needs to be reflected in the price.
Makes me wonder if there's been a bit of "engineering help" to make a project like this more cost effective - thinking easier removal of bash bar and Radiator support panels, could that be designed as a big module that can can be removed "quickly"?

Also, could access to Ford's virtual crash protection software make this a more "sanctioned" project capable of meeting a lot of Ford's internal quality and reliability standards...

This V8 project would be great to add across both Ranger and Everest, I'm sure that the idea of a V8 Ford anything gets necks turning around....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: