View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 07:11 PM   #132
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: V8 ranger raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistlr View Post
A V8 Ranger Raptor will do a good job of attracting the superficial crowd, and the Ram can be viewed in that way as well but to a much lesser degree. The Ram does have the advantage of being a genuine workhorse, and is more readily available. Obviously the better choice for work but that's where it ends.

C63 buyers won't be phased or deterred by the fact an E300 is the more sensible choice.

It's why I don't think the Raptor should be compared to the Ram because the Raptor V8 would be a one-off, limited run, and it's exclusivity will mean Ford won't have issues selling every one of them.
Agreed, I think people are missing my point here, be it by mistake or by choice.

As I said earlier, a V8 raptor is a great idea, it will sell and will provide work for a workforce, no argument from me there.
My intention wasn't to compare it to the RAM, I was simply saying that if its a simple case of having a V8 equipped ute, then the RAM does it for a lot less, but this isn't about just a V8 ute, its about giving a certain number of Ford fans what they desire.
Im simply asking why is it suddenly ok to offer a ute at a huge premium when the same argument couldn't be had for a sportscar if all its about is giving a fan base something they want.

Nothing more, nothing less.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote