Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2020, 10:43 PM   #175
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Covid 19 -

The problem is, whatever way you decide to go there will be arguments for and against.

Keep kids in school, possible outbreaks are contained and traceable. Parents are able to try and work to keep the economy going.

Keep them home, they go out and mix in the random public, at least 1 parent needs to look after them and if they ask a grandparent and they are infected that's a recipe for disaster.

I stopped teaching last year however my school has called me back because they have sent home a pregnant teacher 'just in case'.

Sport cancelled.

I have a daughter in Kindy, we get daily messages with updates and arguments for keeping kids at school.

I personally think they are trying to drag things out till the holidays - I doubt they will make it.

Sooner or later all schools will close, Easter holidays will either start early and finish early or start early and go to the timetable (so 5-6 weeks off for some schools).

Today we trialed the system for online lessons and it fractured under the data load.

I would hate to be in a decision making position within the government in current times. Whatever decision you make will cost lives and / or destroy families financially.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......

Last edited by Yellow_Festiva; 18-03-2020 at 10:52 PM.
3 users like this post: