View Single Post
Old 15-04-2020, 09:29 AM   #53
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Manual or Autmatic better and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
That's interesting about rarely using "manual" in the BTR Roddy.

I did 200thou K in my Turbo only in "manual. Can't remember using basic auto ever!

Same goes for my DSG - straight into manual and use paddles every drive!
..I suppose most of that was due to I didn't have the car all that long and had a fair few drivetrain issues , coil pack issues , sat nav /radio etc and tyre wear . I bought the BA Fairmont Ghia (2003) cheap in late 2014 and traded it on the XR6 in March 2016. Never really got to really enjoy the car . Manual mode was fine to use but just never bothered with it much on the back of the other issues . Car was nice looker though..Engine was great too other than coil packs failing . No doubt an electric issue not engine itself.

Worst part was despite a fair bit of time and cash we could never get the tailshaft /centre bearing warble to go out completely .Diff was fine though strangely . Tailshaft was sent away for balancing and all . Couldn't get the radio to work properly , CD stacker was jammed and the car yard was supposed to fix that but never did and the factory sat nav had apparently been tampered with.

Fifteen months ownership was enough . She was less than 200K clicks too. Won't ever buy a car again , no matter how cheap without a proper look over and decent test drive . Never again . Lesson learned .

Last edited by roddy1960; 15-04-2020 at 09:37 AM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: