Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2020, 07:44 AM   #2012
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Correct me if I'm wrong which is frequent but two very simplistic observations .

1. Testing ...Unless basically everybody gets tested soon the infection rates are always going to be somewhat of a guess and a paper figure aren't they given that some people can carry the virus and not even know they have had it in which time they could have passed it on however many times .

2. If pretty much every country is in massive debt over all this who is lending who money or is a hugely complicated combination of money , infrastructure shortfall and other factors .

Wouldn't it be great if every major country went to their respective treasuries got some paper and ran off a few trillion each to pay each other off..

Sorry , on that I couldn't help myself ...That said in jest , I think Roosevelt pretty much did that to some degree during the Great Depression. I know they created heaps of jobs that never existed before such as building the Hoover Dam and Interstate Highways etc.. at least to drive the economy like stimulus packages here and there in different places have done since , not least here .

Time for work for me right now...

Last edited by roddy1960; 21-04-2020 at 07:50 AM.