View Single Post
Old 24-04-2020, 02:42 PM   #174
chizzy86

Default Re: First experience .. Vic law regarding passing emergency vehicle

While the guy is clearly an unsavourly character, he wont get done for anything above what's associated with the speeding, drugs and absconding/ failing to render assistance IMHO. And nor should he.

If you were pulled over for speeding and a truck kills the officer giving you a ticket, is it your fault because you were speeding? Of course not, and neither is it this guys. People need to separate the 2 incidents. While they are linked physically, to suggest that it's this guys fault those 4 officers are dead suggests that speeding motorists have a duty of care to officers fining them. That's insane.

As someone not from Victoria (and I realise a lot of this board are Vic people) my honest opinion is that the whole state of road policing in Victoria is an absolute, and utter disgrace. The police state that has been created down there is just insane, and has resulted in millions of people just driving around staring at their speedos and not focussing on the road. Your state government whether Liberal or Labor just introduce more and more onerous rules to make it look like they're doing something, rather than actually training people how to drive.

Nine times out of ten whenever I'm on the NSW side of the Hume or on the Pacific Highway there's always Victorians overtaking at 111km/h holding up a stream of traffic because they're so used to being subject to Gestapo restrictions they have no idea that NSW doesnt operate like that. There just isnt the level of ferocity and viciousness here when it comes to enforcement, and its a better place for it.

Last edited by chizzy86; 24-04-2020 at 02:49 PM.
6 users like this post: