Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 26-04-2020, 09:52 AM   #2229
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
Talking about CMR's is not reflective on how potent it is. I bet a lot of the people who died, were heading that way regardless of the virus. Eg, poor Jude was in palliative care for months, then dies testing positive for covid 19. Anyone who dies right now, and tests positive, will have their death wholly attributed to covid 19, and that's simply not the case
Not true. Underlying health issues are being counted as part of the statistical analysis but it doesn't matter if they were 'heading that way' - if the virus is the cause of their premature death, then it's a valid count.

You do realise we're all 'heading that way' don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipping
You realise you are betting a depression on eradication, something you admit is unlikely.

A depression is going to have an even greater impact on mortality rates but wont be seen till until 50-90 years down the track.
I guess that depends on how long you think it will take to reach the 28 day zero new case mark. I would have said it should be less than 6 months to achieve that but then you get cluster outbreaks like the NSW nursing home that then screws with the stats.

Observatio Facta Rotae

This user likes this post: