View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 04:29 PM   #1273
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
What's the consensus of working North but living South and opposite? From my limited driving around Adelaide it's easy to navigate but lacks freeways that Melbourne has - ie everything is traffic light to traffic light rather hauling *** down the multi lane freeway.

How long would it take to go from southern suburbs to it's industrial northern suburbs like Port Adelaide for example?

Is it like Melbourne where it can be 2-3 hours going East - West and the opposite way in peak hour or is it only 45 mins or so?

Also what's the opinions on areas like Taperoo? Appears to be cheap for an area that's a couple streets in from the beach?

Many years I use to drive from down south to Edinburgh / Salisbury area every day. The drive one way could take 3/4 of an hour, or it could take double that depending on what time of the day you are doing the trip, and how many car accidents / roadworks you hit on the way.
Heading back home at the end of the day always felt long but I like music so was content to sit in traffic for 2 albums.

As I got older and kids became part of the deal, wasting up to 3 hours in the car had to end. I don't think I could do it again. Unfortunately that rules out many job options.

The plus side is that my experience is from years ago. Has been a long time coming but the South - North commute is getting sorted. Lots happening in the northern end and the southern side is a bloody mess right now so clearly that must also be progress

Once they marry the two up, getting from one side to the other will be much easier..... not game enough to pick a date when thats ready though!

Don't have much knowledge about Taperoo - other than its on the wrong side of Grand Junction rd
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: