View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 01:41 PM   #534
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: First experience .. Vic law regarding passing emergency vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
No, my argument is, as a motorist you have no idea what the flashing lights are for when you are approaching. Generally when you first see lights you are some distance away. There is always the possibility that it could be the scene of a critical situation.

My argument is about intent. For the most part many drivers have no intent to actually slow down. The other argument is safe following distances.

If you do any sort of OHS type training you will see the first step is to remove the hazard if possible. If you can’t remove the hazard move on to step two which is put in procedures to mitigate the hazard.

You can keep saying “you don’t know what the red and blues are for So just slow down” but that has nothing to do with what people on here are saying. I agree slow down to a safe speed when seeing red and blues on a motorway but police are just skipping step 1 and not removing unnecessary hazards.
The lower the number of emergency vehicles stopping on highways the lower the chance of something going wrong and ending like that video
5 users like this post: