View Single Post
Old 14-07-2020, 05:39 AM   #11
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Current review of TAFE system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Mine tried to rip me off by charging me full fee after I pulled out of the course early 2015,
if TAFE's gave money back to EVERY person who decides for what ever reason to not complete their training then most would have to shut their doors - would you give people their money back if they sent your car to you to be fixed and you got halfway through fixing it then they walked in the door said they didn't want you to complete it (all for personal reasons) then wanted ALL their money back - I bet you wouldn't give it to them. why should TAFE's????? we have a refund policy and we stick to it. At the moment with COVID-19 they are being very flexible, all because of (Victorian) government policy

Quote:
then they went through an ownership change and a merge, then they tried to deny I was ever enrolled in the class because they didn't have records that old, thank **** I email everyone when I ask questions and I could pull the emails, then they went silent on me of course.
I will acknowledge this is poor as generally we all run the same system

Quote:
I only figured this out 4 years later in 2019 when I saw I had a tax debt and was copping interest on it - VET FEE HELP crapola.
I believe Vet Fee Help has gone to god or is going to god

Quote:
Ended up contacting the ombudsman they created after the government realised everyone was getting rolled on dodgy overnight RTO's springing up everywhere rorting kids for BS courses.
NOT TAFE's and unfair to lump all TAFE's in that, the Victorian State Government has shut down hundreds of dodgy private training providers

Quote:
They sorted it out and suddenly the silence stopped and money came back.

https://www.studyassist.gov.au/suppo...ent-complaints

Start an email trail, then speak to the reception office in person and get them to start the ball rolling.

Then complain to higher authorities via email when nothing happens.

Don't ever deal with this **** via phone calls or try get things done solely in person because the textbook response is deny everything and hope you'll go away.

Back when I wasn't so jaded and cynical it was 32 modules as part of your apprenticeship, few hundred hours, absolutely he should complain.
see my post above re deferral - all he has to do is ask
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote