Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 17-10-2020, 11:45 AM   #7013
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Leaking like a sieve already. It is an interstate flight where no processing is done at the arrival port, it should have been stopped at Sydney airport. I'm not buying the "but they are infection free" argument. What are the odds of these travelers obeying restriction rules once they enter Vic? Nudda, zilch, donut. Again, it will be a free pass, no scrutiny on failures. We have just been through months of tough restrictions, and we are about to reap some of the rewards, then this happens.

Keen to know how Melb airport caught them. From memory you get off the flight and you walk straight out at the domestic end, so how did they get stopped?

EDIT: Hearing on ABC now that they weren't stopped. DHHS has no powers to stop people at the airport. They are gone, somewhere in the state, but they don't know where. Probably having a big welcome party as we speak.

I don't get the storm in this teacup.

Aust government allows people to travel from NZ to Aust if they are coming from a non-hotspot.

No restrictions on travelling from NSW to VIC. Or NSW to other states with open borders with NSW.

The whole bit about only being able to fly to certain states is Scomo playing political games... and trying to punish the states he deems to be dragging the chain ie QLD in the main part.

If they flew into Sydney and stayed there for 14 days would it be an issue?.. not that it makes any difference or sense for that matter.

But the question I have is that given this is essentially one-way travel what are those kiwis going to do when they arrive? There is a serious unemployment issue in Australia at the moment.