View Single Post
Old 22-10-2020, 08:22 PM   #267
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Random pics, next

true story....during WW2 my dad was part of YMCA and had amazing freedom to travel wherever needed, early in northern Africa, then through Italy.
When travelling into a NZ bas camp in Egypt he spied 4 USA jeeps off the track, after making the usual official cowtowes he asked what was going on.
Discovered 4 USA army knobs and their drivers trying to mind their own business, enquired of them and soon found out the jeeps were on a suspected (to USA) mine field, upon further question it was implied if he was stupid enough to try retrieving jeeps he would be rewarded.
Didnt take long for Kiwi intelligence to provide a way out and he quickly paid 3 other guys to follow him.
When jeeps drive in sand they leave tracks, if, you drive in reverse on the same tracks success was in order. After paying above assistant drivers he had sufficient to start car sales business when he returned to NZ after the war.
We finally sold his Bedford truck in 1975
and yes I understand he was also involved in some skulduggery of american equipment being 'mislaid'