View Single Post
Old 27-10-2020, 01:58 PM   #45
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: Stealing of catalytic convertors from driveway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Over the years theres been a bit of theft in the basement car park of where my mum lives. I beleive a lot of that is to do with the fact people are rarely down there, and you can hear it if they are. So its not as secure as people would like to think. And the internal garage doors are loose mesh, with the manual open/close buttons within easy reach using a stick. Well, button placement is due to where the columns are, and the mesh doors is due to where all the ac units are, they couldnt vent hot air otherwise. Also doesnt help that a number of people in the 5 buildings with the common basement have desirable cars.
Yeah, they tried that in my fathers "secure" building carpark, all 8 floors down.
Opened every mesh garage door they could find. Rifled through and pulled bits off some very expensive cars.
My partner left her new Cannondale MTBike in it that night fortunately she remembered to lock it up to an internal post but a lot of others weren't so lucky and basically grab anything that was locked or nailed down. Even took the fire extinguishers.
Bike goes up into the apartment now no matter what.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: