View Single Post
Old 29-10-2020, 01:07 PM   #50
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Default Re: New Tow Tug ,What to Buy?

The Brother runs a 1990's G Wagon with a 2inch lift so as to fit the 6.5V8 diesel Chev in it. He has a 14psi wipple sitting on top. The motor is the 'old' type with no electrics on it (still available). The only other mod is 23lb squirters in the bottom end as it was built to cop 23psi. It's mated to an Allison 4speeder. Has diff lock front and rear. The rear seat is out of it and has been replaced by a fridge, a water tank and another battery.
The Van is an offroad job, weighs in at 3.4T loaded.
He followed me up Cunninghams Gap very early one morning. I was going along about 80kmph and I thought I'll slow down near the top so it can catch up. So had a look in the rear view and all I saw was the grill of the old Tojo.
It tows well and easily maintains 110kmph on the Warrego & Newell.
It's engineered and all legal in QLD.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: