View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 07:44 PM   #2577
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Bit of back story first -
My Old Man has helped build a very successful business over a number of years, working 6 days a week, 10 hours a day. He is now at an age where he can start to slow down and enjoy. He never really buys anything for himself even though he has the means.

On Monday he told me had gone and bought a boat. I was thinking ok, he has got himself a fishing boat or something along those lines. This morning I went to see him and his new purchase..............

I wasn't quite prepared for the size of the thing. I know nothing about boats or boat engines but it has a Mercury CT Command Thrust 60 fitted.

I post this here because, as I said, he never spends money on himself or rewards his hard work. I'm so happy he has done something for himself for a change and I hope this thing brings him plenty of pleasure.
Nothing at all wrong with that. Its a great excuse to kick back and do nothing. So good on your old man for getting a leasure craft. Nothing beats a nice day on the water. The boat i have now i got when i was 16, its my 2nd. I still love it. Got it new in 03 and its a bit different to that boat, but still, fill the ice box, load up with things for lunch, its a good way to make a day out of it. Well, i always add fishing. Dont eat fish, but enjoy the sport.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: