View Single Post
Old 18-12-2020, 06:43 PM   #8308
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
Yes, but you are but one individual and I can guarantee it worries many more, especially those that don't live in Sydney but are trying to get home....two way street remember.....
https://www.theguardian.com/australi...sa-tasmania-nt

24m ago
06:15
Melissa Davey

Quote:
Travellers in New South Wales are rushing to get back to their home states in case restrictions once again change and tighten further. Some people have rebooked their return flights that were scheduled for over the weekend or next week to instead fly back today, only to have their rebooked flight cancelled or not confirmed - as has been my experience.

There is a lot of concern among travellers that more places will be declared hotspots, making a return to their home state more difficult.

The websites for the major airlines have been crashing at the point of entering credit card details. Exploitative prices are also occurring, with people paying upwards of $1000 just to ensure they get home.

Traffic into Sydney airport is busy and the departure terminals and there are lines to get through security.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
This user likes this post: