View Single Post
Old 18-01-2021, 10:35 AM   #260
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: New Tow Tug ,What to Buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Well, for a start, stiffer rear springs does not reduce the weight coming off the front axle. The aftermarket industry love to tell people half truths. They need people to believe their products are essential.

The 2L ranger does not have less torque than the 3.2L. There is a power and torque graph overlay floating around these forums comparing the 2 engines outputs through the entire rev range.

I don't wish to turn this thread into another ute bagging thread as the OP has already established they aren't suitable for his requirements.

I will add though that their overall message is probably correct but they could have come to the same conclusion by just using the legalities around vehicle ratings and shortfalls and left the opinions and aftermarket marketing exercise out of it.
Didn't real world towing tests show that the 3.2L I5 with 4 less gears pulled a real world load better than their fancy bazillion turbo 2L job?

https://www.whichcar.com.au/reviews/...anger-tow-test

That's the thing with numbers, graphs on paper and engineers, all three are full of ****.

Put the latter in front of their customer and watch them melt
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: