View Single Post
Old 19-01-2021, 06:27 PM   #2788
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quoting today but I needed to swap the panel van over for the truck for tomorrows quarry run.
Stonework required was on a farm at a place called Mt Meg, Thoona so I decided to make a bit of a circuit out of it.

Being on the side of the mountain the property has nice flat slabs of soft granite laying everywhere at ground surface so thats was a nice suprise.

On leaving I took the scenic route west and headed for Goorambat (past the Silo art) where I could cut across.

Following the Midlands Hwy (towards Shepp) for around 10km before the left turn at Nalinga.

Nalinga is one of only 2 crossing of the Broken river. Nalinga steel is located here and an interesting wrecking yard full of cool stuff.

Turning left takes you straight down to Violet Town via Upotipoton olive oil farm and a large Dingo sanctuary.
After swapping over vehicles the return was straight back up the Hume.

Franco note the slow freeway speed of this 30 year old Jap truck already half loaded with stone.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: