View Single Post
Old 14-03-2021, 04:41 PM   #28
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Longevity of power tools, best brands for DIY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
I've standardised on the Ryobi 1+ 18v Lion cordless tools.
Regardless of brand prefference, because skins (the bare tool, no battery or charger) are cheaper and if its something that sees little use, its better off to use the same batteries as the stuff you use frequently as to not have batteries go bad, or the clutter of different chargers etc. Thats why i stick with makita 18v gear. Granted, my drill and impact are the high end ones that aren't cheap, but they werent bought for DIY, but i have 3 batteries on rotation, so theyre always good for the non frequently used stuff like my tyre inflator. Its a pretty standard thing these days to have a single battery platform for multiple tools, which is good. Im a fan of makita drills and drivers, just not their rotary hammer drills, i like ramset for rotary hammer drills, however, due to not as constant use over time, even being periodically charged, the batteries failed, well 2 out of 3. And by then they were discontinued. Even bosch discontinued their batteries that were compatible. Ramset arent exactly the most mainstream brand, they arent multi platform for battery tools. Whilst their slogan is concrete results, and i agree, it renders a tool useless when you can no longer replace batteries.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: