View Single Post
Old 15-04-2006, 03:43 PM   #25
telstar85AS
Starter Motor

Default Any help

Ok my need an idea or two.

Been trying to get my 85 telstar AS TX5 to be a little more reliable.
Every now and then it doesn't wanna turn over and start. asked a few people for some help but they keep coming up with different answers which go nowhere.
Firstly the problem. It doesn't like to start every time. When it does start the revs like to every now and then jump up 300 - 400 rpm very quickly then die off the same amount very quickly. When I’m accelerating it does this again but sometimes when the revs are dropping down again it doesn’t stop where it started but lets the revs drop even lower, sometimes low enough to stall the engine. Then I have to roll to the side of the road and start the car again.

Been told to get a new battery and new ignition module but they just fixed it for about 1 day each. Then I notice the ignition coil was throwing a spark when the revs jumped and was informed that a new coil would fix it. So I got a new coil but once again it worked for a day then started up with its old problems.

The thought so far have been that it’s electrical because when the revs jump you can’t hear the engine really jump but instead you feel it hiccup and try and loose its revs.

Anyone got any ideas what it could be?
telstar85AS is offline   Reply With Quote