View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 10:41 PM   #165
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: I see Chinese made MGs everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
On the car front - It might be MGs today, but it'll be LDVs tomorrow. The LDV pick ups are being snapped up before they even land on our shores. Dad just bought one and had to wait 8 weeks. Tradie down the road drove past our house, saw it, stopped, asked about it, then said he just ordered a few for his work, also a 8 week wait. I'm seeing quite a few on the roads now. Dealers are struggling to keep up with the demand of the T60.

Personally I don't understand the infatuation apart from the price. The interior is ok, pretty good for the price. The infotainment is cheap, real cheap, mum's 7 year old Kia is 3 times better. The engine is underpowered. The 5 speed auto is average. The ride is horrible, so much so I told Dad there was something wrong, but apparently there has been lots of complaints and its "normal". A tradie probably won't care, but for leisure it sucks.

On the food front - Enjoy the affordable food whilst you can. If scientists are on the money, there could be a massive global food shortage in the not too distant future. And don't think we are immune. The weather here is fickle and extreme, an entire crop can be wiped out in a couple of days of extreme weather. We may be self sufficient in the boom time, but gotta be prepared to the worse. There will always be enough food, but you'll have to start paying for it. Oh, and if we didn't have "cheap labour" from backpackers and pacific islanders, how much more expensive could local produce be? Now that is a scary thought.
LDV's sure look good and that is where it ends.

Here we go again scientist predicting doom and gloom and by the way I've always paid that little bit extra for quality and taste than buying that garbage they sell in Coles or Woolies.
Support your little grocer man.
Cheers.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote