View Single Post
Old 16-07-2021, 04:41 PM   #23
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: New rear shocks 2015 Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrin View Post
you make it sound like cheaper shocks are inferior. Aftermarket that are suitable for the intended purpose are often OE equivalent and sometimes better. I had poor underperforming suspension, replacing them with known quality aftermarket shocks&springs KYB/Monroe alternatives, restored a beautiful suspension. Best move I've done and 5yrs+ of complete enjoyment.

Aftermarket also cater to performance crowds. I wouldn't want to ever be held over a barrel for OE, that just serves Ford.
No did not mean that at all, what I was suggesting and I did say MAY in my first sentence, is that the OP is sort of going into this blind, so without verification by someone who has done it, best be careful of fitting any aftermarket regardless of price (could be cheaper or more expensive). Apart from ride quality, you are not going to know the effects on the other systems until you really need it (like before an accident) and I hope for all that is next to never.

If there is a cheaper option that has no issues and does the job equivalent or even better, then go for it. Win Win..

My post was more about being aware of what potential issues could be affected by fitting under performing shocks (maybe I should have used that instead of cheaper).
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: