View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 06:05 PM   #1561
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
The bubble has made selling agents arrogant...

I recently showed strong interest in 2 properties.

The first was due to go to auction. I put an offer in writing after the first open house. The offer also had very very generous settlement provisions in favour of the vendors worth perhaps several thousand dollars to them.

Never heard anything back other that a thanks for the offer.

It was sold 3 weeks later and prior to auction for $15k above my offer. What a joke...

I was tempted to slip a letter into their mailbox showing my offer and the fact had I been contacted for negotiation I would have gone well above and beyond their eventual selling price.

Another property was investigated, several phone calls, emails, reports requested, final list of questions by email that were to be replied prior to my offer and nothing.

Now listed as under offer. Must be great to be an agent now treating buyers with such scorn..

Sitting back now. Will see how things pan out post Pandemic. Perhaps once borders open and 'cashed up' buyers realise they can blow their money in Bali or on a cruise then it will take some heat out of the market and provide buyers more options.
1. If you put the offer down in writing, doesn't the agent have to legally show it to the seller and give a formal reply?

2. Arrogant, yep. Ungrateful, yep. Our good neighbours opposite us passed away recently. It became a deceased estate and the children of the owners decided it was easier to sell. Dad gets on pretty well with them, so they asked my dad if he could recommend anyone that would be keen to buy. They didn't want to go through auction. Dad put them onto an agent that he met whilst nosing at other auctions. The house sold in a couple of weeks privately. You reckon Dad got a thank you from the agent? NUP....not a peep! One of the agent's colleague came around a few weeks later to gloat about how well they had done out of that deal. Dad let his colleague know in no uncertain terms what he thought. 2 days later, he gets a gift in the letter box, 2 kit kats, nicely wrapped.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: