View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 08:11 PM   #1562
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
The bubble has made selling agents arrogant...

I recently showed strong interest in 2 properties.

The first was due to go to auction. I put an offer in writing after the first open house. The offer also had very very generous settlement provisions in favour of the vendors worth perhaps several thousand dollars to them.

Never heard anything back other that a thanks for the offer.

It was sold 3 weeks later and prior to auction for $15k above my offer. What a joke...

I was tempted to slip a letter into their mailbox showing my offer and the fact had I been contacted for negotiation I would have gone well above and beyond their eventual selling price.

Another property was investigated, several phone calls, emails, reports requested, final list of questions by email that were to be replied prior to my offer and nothing.

Now listed as under offer. Must be great to be an agent now treating buyers with such scorn..

Sitting back now. Will see how things pan out post Pandemic. Perhaps once borders open and 'cashed up' buyers realise they can blow their money in Bali or on a cruise then it will take some heat out of the market and provide buyers more options.

You seem to me to be a nice, decent , honest person, this is from reading your posts on all threads not just this one.

Like me you like to think other folk are like you, that's natural when you have a conscience, I know without knowing you that you would see a person drop a wallet or purse or cash and stop them to give it back!

Am I correct?

This recent incident you experienced is yet another side of human nature, good versus evil, care or don't care, sadly you will never beat these folk at their own game, the fact you offered X amount of dollars then expected to negotiate was nieve on your part, that was the seller or reactors intention.

When it sold for $15k more than you wanted to pay but say you would of paid that for said property would not of happened?....your offer was used to show another buyer that they had to aim higher, or beat your offer, and other offers too, the house was most likely sold before it was advertised for sale!

It was just the price they needed to charge the new buyer, you and other honest and decent folk determined that price, you were never a contender, not for a millisecond, you and the others were used, it happens and will continue to happen..you have my sympathy.....

Cheers Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: