View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 07:08 PM   #1571
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulva View Post
So am about to make an offer - subject to building inspection of course.

Any other tips? I've already sold and have finance sorted, so I can offer quick settlement as not subject to sale or subject to finance. Anything else I can do to be pick of the offers should I be line-ball with other offers?

Any other tips/suggestions/advice?

Have only ever owned one home before and that one I purchased land then built a house, so buying someone else's house is all new to me
Don't be so vague about your offer conditions.

Subject to your satisfaction of the building inspection. If someone wants to be clever with your wording you are simply stating that you will buy after the inspection.

Subject to the finance approval from the new lender.

Sure you have finance sorted (does that mean you are fully self funded or you have approval from a lender), but what if you agree on a price well below the lenders valuation? (assuming you are borrowing against the new purchase). They may not bridge the gap and either you foot the difference or pull out.

Careful with building inspections - they are 3 pages of reports and 12 pages of legalese advising you to only use it as a rough indication and to get individual expert inspections for all the specific aspects of the property.

Good luck

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: