View Single Post
Old 24-08-2021, 07:43 PM   #1133
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Just a quick review on the The Bend Big 4 Caravan park...
It's a really good park with brand new facilities. The sites are pretty good, half gravel, half grass, so for us, we folded out the soft floor of the camper trailer on to the grass whilst the rest was on the gravel. The grass wasn't terribly flat so we had to pick our spots for our swags. I'd assume it would be the same in tents.

It's a park that you would really want to stay at if it was located in one of the popular holiday destinations. As it's a little way out of Tailem Bend, unless you're there to spend money at The Bend motor sport park, there is little else to see or do.

By the way, karting there was really good fun, so I highly recommend doing that!

As an aside, I also had to run my fridge today as a freezer as we were without power at home due to a dodgy RCD. I measured the power usage running as a freezer set at -18 degrees and it used 5.2Ah over about 5 hours. That didn't include the initial chilling down to -18 from 8 degrees.
Once again, a cold day here in Adelaide, so the fridge wouldn't have had to work hard at all.
I'm still quite impressed with the Kings fridge. Does all that we need it to, so far
2 users like this post: