Thread: Coffee
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 04:19 AM   #16
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
No matter how big a coffee snob you think you are there is always someone more extreme.

I'm in the category that smiles to myself reading some of the comments on here regarding what some people think is good coffee (maccas? Please no) and even what is good equipment (heat is the enemy of beans so a grinder has no place being packaged inside a coffee machine) but as a member of coffeesnobs.com.au (yes its a thing, and the owner is a multi award winning roaster in Melbourne) I would not be considered even slightly a coffee snob by some of the standards on there.

Having said that, all that matters at the end of the day is that you enjoy what you drink. Nothing else really matters.

Except fresh beans

Haha you say that, but pour it into an unmarked mug and you'd probably not be able to tell it apart from a lot of the shops ranked "pretty good". But then again I wouldn't exactly classify myself as a coffee snob. Not sure if maccas quality is the same across all states, although I can't imagine what general coffee would be like with SA water

It does remind me of the time I had a visitor from London. Picked her up early in the morning, and we were both desperate for a coffee (now they have some pretty ordinary coffee over there). She was ready for a Melb hit, but I couldn't be assed driving around looking for a shop opened at that hour, so I pulled into the maccas right at the exit of Melb Airport. She yells at me, came all the way over and the first stop is maccas haha. I said stfu and just try it. Priceless reaction. Obviously not the same quality as the boutiques with a fancy name type cafes, but still pretty good.

Best coffee I've had was actually at a friend's house. She is of Italian background, and she made me a coffee from her moka pot. Espresso obviously. Amazing. Not sure what she did, cos I bought a moka pot after that and could never get it the same regardless of how expensive the beans were.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: