Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2021, 02:03 PM   #15009
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
I'm sure that Dan is well enough aware of where his support base is but the data doesn't leave much choice.

The reality is that construction has proven to be a problem with new case outbreaks and the fact that the average geographical spread of those case was 10x the distance of other cases (40km v 4km) so the risk of travelling back to their regional areas is just too great to take.

In a typically mature response, I see the CFMEU members decided to disrupt what little traffic was in the Melbourne CBD by having their smoko breaks out on the road but despite the warnings that have been given over the last weeks I saw little evidence of masks or social distancing.

Frankly, as one of the few 'privileged' groups still allowed to go to work, if they want to behave like recalcitrant school kids then I'd simply ban construction workers from being on site or reduce it back to 10% of the workforce and see how they like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER
So the CFMEU lost their tea rooms, what a pack of sooks, like no one else has suffered like them... Big boys do cry.

Many like me, have been unable to work in other industries.
We lost our income, for 154 days last year, and 76 days so far this year, a total of 230 days (32 weeks) in Victoria during this Pandemic.

While I do the right thing, quietly having a cuppa at home alone in lockdown everyday with no pay, these construction workers are still able to take home their fat pay cheques!

When the going gets tough... The tough get going!
That's what real men like my grandfather did in the war... Huddled together in the trenches fighting for a real cause.

Instead, these construction workers prefer to flex their muscles and show bravado in unity, all because they can't huddle up close together in a cosy tea room.... What a disgrace!
#notallconstructionworkers

I heard a couple of owners of small construction businesses on the radio yesterday.

They wished to distance themselves from the actions of the few.
They appreciated the freedoms they had, and how the actions of the protesting construction workers would be negatively received by the public.

Much like the lockdown protest today where the actions of a few thousand do not reflect the attitudes of nearly 7 million Victorians