View Single Post
Old 14-12-2021, 03:11 PM   #28
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Im looking into either an A frame or pop up caravan again.

I need something that is no more than 2.5m in (traveling) height so it fits into my garage. Garage panel door is 2.55m high. My driveway is on an upward slope too so it needs to clear air con, antennas etc on an angle as the van is approaching the garage door before it tapers flat.

Do the Avan A frames leak? Been trying to find out more experiences on them. Expensive for what they are but the storage situation when not i use is important to me. A pop top van is also a possibility but from what I have read they are at least 2.6-2.7m high traveling height which wont work depending on brand.

Not interested in a traditional canvas camper trailer. The Jayco Swan/Hawk I know would work but Im trying to steer clear of as much canvas as possible.

Any advice and help is appreciated.
I owned an A'Van for 6 years, I bought it new in 2010 and sold it in 2016, we loved it. We actually lived in it for 3 months while we took a long service leave trip down the west coast.

Our had no leaks what so ever, well there was one little 'leak', because we ran the compressor fridge for 3 months solid the little drip catch tray at the back of the fridge overflowed, it was an easy fix, just put a bit of small plastic tube as an extension on the outlet of the drip tray

You can buy an 'off-road' version now, if I had that option when we bought ours I would have taken it, ours was a bit limited going bush like we like to do

In the 6 years of ownership the only thing that went 'wrong' was the little flue extension from the gas powered fridge fell off, it was a 20 minute job to recover it and re-fit with a tech-screw so it wouldn't come off again

I paid 29k for it new and sold it 6 years later for 22.5K, the purchasers were over the moon with the condition

You will struggle to find an A'Van owner who has had issues, everyone I ever spoke to had nothing but praise. But there was this one bloke we talked to at a Broome Caravan Park who had issues, but he was to blame, some fool told him to pump up the tyres to 60psi when on rough gravel roads so a few things vibrated out of place.

Towing was awesome, 910kg, no higher than the PK Ranger we had at the time, didn't even know it was on the back most of the time

I was able to store mine in a conventional 6x6 house garage

We owned the Cruiseliner 2b - https://www.avan.com.au/our-range/ca.../6-cruiseliner

How they set up and pack up - piece of cake, so simple - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl0V6ex6wSs

This one shows around the van and setting up etc, this one is the same layout as ours was, except it is a Cruiser (no boot and the front) and ours was Cruiseliner (boot at the front) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwBo47n5gvI

Last edited by Trevor 57; 14-12-2021 at 03:22 PM.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: