View Single Post
Old 16-01-2022, 10:45 PM   #4224
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

I waited over an hour in line to meet Nigella Lawson.

I love her approach to cooking and I find her demeanor so soothing. I say that in a completely innocent way. She was touring her "A Evening With Nigella" show, which I attended at Hamer Hall. At the end of the talk, she held an autograph session, which I stood in a line all the way to end of the block at 11pm on a Saturday night in Melbourne. I was one the last few in the line. Even before joining the cue, I decided that I had come this far and I was not going to back out of a chance to meet a person who I have always admired.

As I got closer and closer, and eventually back into Hamer Hall, I could see her beaming smile and fabulous red dress. When it was my turn, she looked towards me and said "hellooooooo" is such as lovely, warm way. I was 33 at the time, and not be rude, but I guess she had just spent the last hour signing her autograph for bunch of 60+ old ladies . I was dressed pretty smartly and was beaming from ear to ear. Of course, I suddenly became starstruck and before I knew, it was all over.

I came away from it on cloud nine, my book signed and a bunch of photos of me standing next to the one and only Nigella Lawson.

Nigella was a trouper, she met and signed every single person in line on that night. I respect that so much, clearly she knows the impact she has on people and appreciates the support she gets from her fans.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
7 users like this post: