View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 11:42 AM   #23
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: AIR HORN will not work...........in my letterbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFISH98 View Post
LOL....They can throw all they want, brick walls and roller shutters can take a few hits..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFISH98 View Post
I've had 2 people approach my letterbox to pull this mail outwards, and I have come out running and they were quick to disappear.
My neighbourhood isnt a bad neighbourhood rally..but all my neighbours have all complained of having mail stolen. Also, with the horn, I ran wires for 3 other harness's for 3 camera's. One for in the letterbox, with motion sensor.......and one for each 30 foot tree on my front fenceline - looking directly at the letterbox to capture any thieves. So as of now, I can get a sensor trigger on my phone for when mail has arrived. Is this set- up over the top.......absolutely 100%. I've already had 2 neighbours request i do the same for them...... and the horn isnt directly there to scare the undesirable person away. It's to alert the neigbours of a possible thief in the area if blown. We all are not home at the same time......but we help each other when can.........apart from my neighbour 3 doors up whom was taken away by the police 3 days ago.
If you don't think that yours is a bad neighbourhood I'd hate to see your idea of a bad one