View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 07:47 PM   #4638
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Not the greatest timing, but ive been off the tools for a while. Just nodded off, ignored a text, ignored the first phonecall, but the second was in quick succession so i answered it. It was me mate. He had a dicky light switch. His description sounded a tad odd. Buzzing when turned off, but fine when turned on. So im an electrician by trade, and my mates land lord. So hardest part was putting my pants on to go check it out.
So yeah it was a bit weird a light switch failing when turned off, but it did.
Simple fix, change the mech.
But i did get to bust out my trusty toolbelt for the first time in a long time. My mate wasnt hovering per say, but little questions like why did i run my mate stanley around the plate before taking it off the wall, stuff like that. Simple answer was as not to tear the paint as the plate was obviously on before the wall was re painted. Other thing was when i was putting the plate back on the wall, i was questioned as to why i am/was so anal about getting it 100% level?
I dont like to call it being anal. Id rather call it doing a good job.
But hey, its been a while, but i havent lost it.
I know exactly what you saying as I have been out of the electrical trade for thirty years but when I am called upon for that odd job I do say to myself "well Pete you still got it" who says self praise is vanity
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: