View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 10:37 AM   #1327
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkle View Post
Here's some simple maths for those whinging about fuel prices and economy. Let's say you do 20,000 kms per year. And you average 10 litres per 100 km (just using round figures for ease of understanding). So you're going to use 2,000 litres per year. At $2.00 per litre, that would be $4,000 a year in fuel. At $1.50 per litre, you'd spend $3,000. I consider a $0.50 change in fuel price pretty big. So if fuel prices go up $0.50 per litre, it will cost you an extra $1,000 on top of what you would have paid if there was no change to the fuel price. Conversely, if fuel prices go down $0.50, you save $1,000 in a year. When your talking about a $90,000 (again, round figures) vehicle in the case of the Raptor, a difference of +/- $1,000 running costs is bugger all. I reckon most people buying a Raptor (or any vehicle at that price point) could probably afford the extra $1,000 a year. Put it into weekly terms, the extra $1,000 per year is less than $20 a week. Which is now 3 pots of beer, or 4 coffees, or 1/3 of a pack of smokes, or 2 lettuces. Bugger all really.
After watching the above video, I really wish I could fit a Raptor into my lease terms, but I can't. So I'll probably have to settle for the Wildtrak with the V6. I can live with that.
Why can't you afford a Raptor? It's only an extra $15,000. Which is roughly $90 a week less tax savings?! That's less then a tank of fuel a week. Bugger all really.

See, I can also oversimplify equations. The irony of you simplifying the numbers only to say you couldn't make a small increase work either shouldn't be lost here.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: