View Single Post
Old 22-12-2022, 05:09 PM   #3553
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Great info bloke. Appreciate the time you spent to make that post.

As for what I would use it for? Gravel, easy trails, fire tracks, some bitumen hills and general bike tracks.

I was thinking a hybrid MTB frame with a minimum 500wH battery. Say to do a 50km round trip & pedal assist mid mount motor. Not interested in the rear mounted motors. Not that interested in doing full sends down hill. Want to get 'some' fitness in when I want but have the ability to crank the assistance up on the hills home.

It needs to look the goods to match the appearance of my Cervelo if possible.

Im prepared to spend a little extra for the right livery and slightly better specs than pov pack.
No worries mate.
Honestly from what you think you'll use it for. Id be looking at a trail bike 140mm front/rear travel. Go anywhere do most things kinda bike

I forgot to mention the looks thing. Ebikes are a relatively new thing and the early ones were horrible, but they are getting there thats for sure.
Im not all that brand loyal, well iam but the brand i want just doesnt have the BFYB really.
But my current bike being my first foray into ebikes for me have some real good value going on.
https://www.merida-bikes.com/en-au/b...eone-forty-700

Still a lot of coin, but the spec sheet speaks volumes imo. Theres also the 500 model too
Its not as heavy hitting as the e160 but as i said it'll do everything that you want
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: