Thread: ABS light on
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2023, 09:34 PM   #13
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 
Default Re: ABS light on

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimplelife View Post
ABS light has started coming on in AU3 wagon.
Only happens after about 15 minutes of driving, at any speed, every time. And maybe after touching the brake?
Forscan shows ABS DTC C1233 - Left Front Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal Missing.

I removed and cleaned the sensor and ring with brake cleaner.
Reset Forscan and code was gone and for about 2 weeks the ABS warning light no longer came on at all

However ABS warning light is now coming on again and Forscan is again showing code C1233.
If I replace the left front sensor will this likely solve he problem?
The fact that cleaning the sensor provided a short term fix would tend to indicate that?
All indications would say yes. Your only way to find out for sure is to replace it.

My guess is that replacing will fix it. If you are not sure, swap it with the RH one and see if the fault follows.

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: