View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 06:02 PM   #1
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Toyota vs electric lobby

What is everyone's opinion on the war of words going on between Toyota and various groups and bodies criticising them in not electrifying fast enough?

eg

https://www.drive.com.au/news/toyota...-groups-again/

Are Toyota going the way of the dinosaur because they are way too late, with the wrong strategy? Or are these groups rent-a-crowd for Big Electricity? Is Toyota's multiple fuel source strategy going to prove correct, or is stuff like the hydrogen focus a result of Japan being deficient in rare earth minerals and lithium reserves, but well connected in nuclear power and gas reserves? (On the way to our carbon zero future, how do you feel about being warned about brown-outs already, in the upcoming Vic summer: is it a price you are willing to pay?)

I'm agnostic on this one. For many years it was Ford and the Aussie car industry in the media and opinion cross-hairs: now that industry is gone. I don't particularly care about the result of this one. Normally this thread would go into the electric car category, but I reckon it's bigger than that: it's a fight to see how society will power itself in the future.

Will Toyota be proven right or wrong?