View Single Post
Old 11-11-2023, 12:10 PM   #69
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 'Post Pandemic' - On the roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I love those compilations, we sit down as a family to watch them every month and I get so worked up over it I start yelling at the TV

Half the dramas are avoidable by the person submitting the footage like you say, everyone is so determined that they're in the right that they drive confidently into accidents, yeah you technically were in the right but now you get to play the insurance game when you could have easily avoided it.
Have to laugh at some dash cam owners. Am sure many see themselves as some self appointed cop or authority figure.
To avoid the frustrations Bent_8 mentions. When I’m in the car on a dual carriage way and have no time constraints, I’ll throw the cruise on 10 under the limit so I don’t have to deal with other motorists inconsistent speeds, they usually pass and gradually gain distance so I don’t have to be on and off the gas or cruise to compensate like what often happens at 110 - 120k.
But have noted many dash cam owners are guilty of bad and dangerous driving habits, most common tail gaiting/following too close and failing to keep left when not passing. Submitted footage DCOA shows many of them not driving in a defensive manner to avoid crashes even when they’re not at fault.
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: